This full-day session offers an in-depth seminar led by our attorneys and distinguished guests.
With a major overhaul of the charter school law on the horizon, both charter schools and the sending school districts controlling their funding are eagerly anticipating new rules that will change PA’s charter school landscape.
In this session, we will discuss the most current version of the charter school legislation and highlight some of the key changes and challenges. We will also identify some of the key legal issues that are common sources of frustration for both districts and charter schools. Finally, we will address frequently-asked legal questions from both charter schools and school districts regarding key differences in legal requirements regarding:
- Residency and Proof of Residency
- Special Education and the Provision of FAPE
- Policy Development
- Charter School Board Member Basics
- Legally-Defensible Board Policies and Procedures
- Application of the New Truancy Law
- Records Retention/Destruction
Plus, a helpful group FAQ discussion!
Lunch is on your own. Call 610-332-0390 to register or email email@example.com for more information.