This full-day session offers an in-depth seminar led by our attorneys and distinguished guests.
In this seminar, our Family and Education attorneys will team up to discuss family law matters and how they play out in the school setting.
- Confidentiality and Authority:
- Viewing documents and entitlement to copies of documents
- Participating in meetings
- Who can sign what types of documents
- What to do when parents don’t agree
- Special education and family law
- Custody and residency
- Releasing students during the day and after school
- Participation in field trips/volunteering
- Parent/Teacher conferences
- Emancipation and Homeless Students:
- “Emancipation” under Pennsylvania law
- Homeless students
- Communicating with the non-custodial parent
- Documenting phone calls and other “best practices”
- Emails: knowing when and how to use them
- Confidential communications of students
- Protection From Abuse Orders (PFAs) and CYS Issues:
- PFAs against parents
- PFAs against other students
- What happens when CYS has custody
Lunch is on your own. Call 610-332-0390 to register or email email@example.com for more information.