This full-day session offers an in-depth seminar led by our attorneys and distinguished guests.
Student Assistance Program teams regularly encounter a wide variety of legal issues. This program is designed to provide practical and helpful information regarding the key legal concepts related to SAP teams, identify the areas of SAP team involvement and actions by SAP teams that are most likely to result in legal liability, and answer some of the most commonly-asked questions regarding SAP teams and the law.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- School Law in a Nutshell: A Quick Overview for SAP Personnel
- The Suicide Prevention Law: New Rules and Roles for SAP Teams
- Child Abuse Clearances: Who Needs them and Why
- Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting: Roles and Responsibilities
- Child Find and SAP: How the SAP Process Can Help Identify Students with Special Needs (and Dramatically Reduce Liability}
- Student Confidentiality: To Share or Not to Share (and When Permission is Required)
- Student Medical Records: Do Different Rules Apply?
- Families with Separation and Divorce: Who’s the Parent and When it Matters
This is practical and important information that all SAP team members, Directors of Special Education, Section 504 Coordinators, and building and District-level administrators need to know.
Lunch is on your own. Call 610-332-0390 to register or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.