KingSpry and Greyfriars Institute are teaming up to provide a webinar to address legal issues surrounding residency and enrollment of students in nontraditional situations.
Individuals who may benefit from attending include guidance counselors, social workers, child accounting staff, foster parents, and school administrators and staff that address enrollment and custody matters.
In this education webinar, Attorney Becky Young will:
- Provide a primer on the forms of custody
- Review the requirements to establish residency and enroll a student in public school
- Discuss parameters for District-provided transportation when parents share physical custody.
- Discuss communication protocols in special situations, including Protection from Abuse orders and Children and Youth matters
- Highlight considerations for students experiencing homelessness
- Summarize the obligations of schools when students reside in foster care
Click Here to Register
Rebecca Young is a partner with the KingSpry law firm who focuses her practice in legal matters related to children and families.
Please note: KingSpry/Greyfriars Institute programs and webinars are meant to be informational and do not constitute legal advice, nor does attendance create an attorney-client relationship.