KingSpry is proud to present the SteelStacks High School Jazz Band Showcase for a seventh straight year.
Following four exciting preliminary rounds, seven of the region’s best high school jazz bands have advanced to the finals. The groups will perform March 11, 3 p.m., at the Musikfest Café presented by Yuengling, located at the ArtsQuest Center, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem. Tickets for the finals are available at www.steelstacks.org.
The finals will also include performances by the Moravian College Jazz Faculty Ensemble as well as the official awards presentation for the top soloists and top sections.
The 2018 SteelStacks High School Jazz Band Show case featured a record 21 high school bands from Pennsylvania and New Jersey performing in preliminary rounds Feb. 11 and 18.
Good luck to all the finalists:
- Fleetwood High School – Fleetwood, Pa. – Director Chuck Ebersole
- Kutztown High School – Kutztown, Pa. – Director Dustin Shirk
- Upper Moreland High School – Willow Grove, Pa. – Director Glenn Cowen
- Quakertown Community High School – Quakertown, Pa. – Director Frank Parker
- North Penn High School Navy Jazz Band – Lansdale, Pa. – Director David DiValentino
- William Tennent High School – Warminster, Pa. – Director Charlie DiCarne
- Easton Area High School – Easton, Pa. – Director Carole Lutte
During the finals, each band will perform a 20-minute set before a live audience and the judges. While the judges will announce each band’s rating during the finals, both students and audience will have to tune in to the SteelStacks High School Jazz Band Showcase hour-long television special April 7, 9 p.m., on 69-WFMZ-TV to discover who the overall winner is.
“KingSpry is proud to support the High School Jazz Band Showcase for a seventh straight year,” says John Freund, Education Law Practice Chair for KingSpry, “ArtsQuest and its partners do a fantastic job bringing together top talent from high schools throughout our area, and we are thrilled we get to listen as these students demonstrate their musical achievements.”
The SteelStacks High School Jazz Band Showcase is a music-in-education program of ArtsQuest and the Moravian College Music Department’s Jazz Studies Program and is made possible thanks to King, Spry, Herman, Freund & Faul, LLC. For more information, please visit www.steelstacks.org or call 610-332-3378.