Timothy E. Gilsbach
Timothy E. Gilsbach approaches every legal matter looking for the best possible outcome for his client by working for resolution when possible, and managing the matter through litigation, if necessary.
Mr. Gilsbach is an attorney with KingSpry, concentrating his practice in litigation, employment and special education law. He works with school districts, charter schools and intermediate units on a wide array of education law issues.
Since 2008, Mr. Gilsbach has represented education entities through numerous IEP meetings and litigated dozens of special education matters, from administrative due process hearing to appeals through the Federal District Courts and Courts of Appeals. In addition, Mr. Gilsbach advises school entities on special education matters prior to and in order to avoid litigation and on policies and practices.
He is a frequent speaker on a variety of legal topics for statewide and local conferences, as well as Pennsylvania Bar Institute and National Business Institute. Mr. Gilsbach has also presented numerous in-house workshops for schools districts, charter schools and intermediate units on a wide array of education law topics. In addition, he has written numerous articles on special education law and other topics related to his practice, and is often called upon to comment for publications on trends in education law.
Mr. Gilsbach has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Super Lawyer Magazine in the area of school law.
He earned his Juris Doctorate from Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University and his BA in Political Science from Messiah College.
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
Memberships and Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Legal Services for Exceptional Children Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Medical Marijuana and Hemp Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Pennsylvania School Board Solicitor’s Association, Region 8 Director (as of Jan 2019)
- National School Board Association Council of School Attorneys (COSA)
- Vice President, Advisory Board for St. John Neumann Regional School